#MondayMusings - The Vampire Files


WriteTribe.com
Even if the title of the post suggest I am not a huge vampire enthusiast. But when I think about vampires, all the stories and myths related to vampires sometimes I get very silly thoughts about them. You might find them relaly weird questions – but that’s how random my thoughts are sometimes. 

Thus it’s going to be Vampire talk for #MondayMusings at Write Tribe. Are you wondering what is this #MondayMusings? Check below.

All you need to do is 

  1. Write a post sharing your thoughts on a subject of your choice. Make it as personal as possible.
  2. Use the hashtag #MondayMusings and link to Write Tribe.
  3. Add your link to the linky which you will find either here or on Everyday Gyaan or on the post of a co-host.
Ohh one more thing I am co-hosting the next #MondayMusings on Write Tribe with Corinne - that is on 15th June. So stay tuned and watch this space.


When I was a kid I had serious restriction on watching movies! [yeah that sucks right?] My dad wasn’t quite happy with the idea of me watching the Bollywood pot boilers. I was allowed only ***certain*** English movies. Those were the days of VCRs and we had a good collection of tapes at home. From the entire collection my choices (or rather what I was allowed as a choice) comprised of The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, The Wizard of Oz returns, Godzilla, several Disney movies and some other non descriptive ones.

I remember there were some Dracula movies which had become popular that time – I don’t remember the name though and I had asked my dad to take me for a horror movie which I wanted to watch in the theatre. I have always liked watching horror movies right from my childhood. So my dad had obliged and taken me for some vampire movie. The typical blood sucking cross fearing white handsome looking vampire movie.

Now as I grew up I have seen and read several vampire themed movies and books. Underworld series being one of the many. The more I read the more I wondered why all vampires are supposed to have the same construct, same behavioral pattern or even similar names?

No desi Vampire eh?

Source
I have read few Indian fiction books on Vampire as well, in fact have reviewed The Company Red and Tantra in my blog. Though the books were Indian, the setup was in India, the authors also are Indian the vampire always seems to be a foreigner. They are mostly always firangs hailing from Europe or US! Why is it that we read or see only imported vampires?

Victor… too common a name?

Now if you have seen loads of vampire movies or have read stories about vampires you will know the most popular name amongst vampires seem to be VICTOR. 

Source
I really don’t know why! It’s an irony that at the end vampires are never victorious (until the recent Underworld and Twilight series). But why Victor. In fact the great master of the Underworld series is named Victor and If I am not wrong one the members of the Volturi in the Twilight series also is called Victor! Is a vampire royalty supposed to be named Victor? Victor only knows. Other common names that come to my mind are Vincent, Vlad, Vladimir, Kraven. May be they all have a fascination for old names or for that matter for the letter V.  

The Fair & Handsome Vampires


Source
We all know vampires are blood sucking cold creatures – point taken but why do all vampires need to be fair and white? Because they are cold? Have you ever come across any vampire literature where they have not described a vampire as white as snow and the most handsome men. Even the ladies are supposedly the most beautiful ones.

There are times when a vampire bites a human and they in turn become vampires. Now are vampires attracted only to fair and good looking humans? How come they select only the most handsome men/women to become vampires? Have you ever thought like that?

Source


Vampire Banks?

Have you noticed in almost all , all vampire stories they are all filthy rich. I wonder if becoming a vampire entitles them to special fortune or special grants from special vampire banks! I have not come across any vampire lead character to be poor or middle class! They are all rich handsome men with plush houses or penthouses (for the urban vampires) and yes not to forget their love for fast and super luxury cars. 

Source


Vampire Fashion - always in!

Now this one is really funny. Vampires are not supposed to see their reflections in mirrors (according to some literatures at least) but tell me how are they always impeccably dressed in designer wears? How do they know how they are looking if they don't see their reflection? Or even their hairstyle for that matter! 

Source

It’s sometimes nice to get such silly weird thoughts right? I don’t know if it’s only me who gets such weird questions in mind. But it isn’t that bad being a vampire – not at least according to the authors who have made these characters shine. You get to live a loooooooooong life unless someone uproots your head or pushes a wooden nail deep in your heart, you get beautiful ladies or men, you get to ride super cars, you have more money than all the Arabs together!


Do you feel the same way. Share your vampire thoughts with me in a comment below. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post is written for #MondayMusings for Write Tribe hosted by Corinne and co-hosted by Parul.
Also linking it to Day 8 of UBC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                          









Labels: , , , , , , ,